06 May 2011

Lady Gaga - Judas (Video)

LetZzz comment Lady Gaga's latest music video - Judas!
For a long time I couldn't find the appropriate synonym for Gaga. If Madonna is the pop queen, Britney is the pop princess, than what should Gaga be? It was important to be "bigger" than the both, but still different. So if she is the "Mother Monster" to her "Little Monsters" i think the best expression would be POP MONSTER! She is the "bad guy" in the pop industry today, so this fits her perfectly! :D
And today I'd like to comment the latest video - Judas. Her previous single was criticized for being way to "targeted towards the little monsters"! And the video for Born this way was approved only by the target. So, Gaga's team was aware of the situation and they knew that this video just had to be ... GAGA! So it is! Vatican is already mad and they asked "the believers" not to watch the video. However, Gaga on the other side said that she's not insulting the church or the religion with the video, which in my opinion is true. This way or another, the video is out there and already watched few million times (for less than 24 hours)!
The video itself is a modern portrait of the bible in the context of the lyrics of the song. Judas in my opinion is pure masterpiece. The video is directed by Gaga herself and Laurieann Gibson, the choreographer of Gaga's videos. The scenes (more than few) change fast, as usually for Gaga's videos and there is different outfit for every of them. About the outfits and the "look", after one friend of mine told me that she thinks Gaga looks beautiful in the video, I would conclude the same! She is kinda provocative, but in a desirable way, which was not the case lately.
Another thing I think should be mentioned, is that some segments of her looks could possibly be great fashion hits, like the nails for example. The make-up is impressive. There are few moments when you think you are watching Tim Barton's movie. And her body... well, there is great (and huge) team working on it. Even though in my opinion she should get her herself "new boobs", the rest of the body looks perfect, besides the comments from some critiques, that she is too skinny.
The scenes correspond to the theme perfectly and the choreography is totally Gaga. "The House of Gaga" (Gaga's dance crew) are also great. One moment I would point out from the video is the "gun scene". A lot of comments about it were written today. My personal opinion: I love it! It's so Gaga! She had to do some crazy stuff in her video... :) The only thing I probably don't like is the end. In my opinion it would have been much better without that scene.
To sum up. I believe that this video is probably one of Lady Gaga's best, even though Bad Romance will be my favorite for a long time. The story is great, the link with the Bible is amazing, the scenes... I'm pretty sure that this video will have a lot of nominations on those video awards not being organized by the catholics. :P Great work Gaga!
Do you have any commentZzz? Do you like it like I do? :)
P.S. For those who still haven't seen the video, here it is!

3 comments:

  1. I totally agree with the statements you made here. I was also for the first time like: wow, Gaga was actually beautiful - look at those green eyes! (I even stopped the frame for a second) :D Aesthetically, I think the video is perfect: rock - metal, Harley Davidson american "driving through the dessert" style, and at the same time some "Roman empire orgy/gathering" atmosphere. It has a lot style, fashion, sparkling glam and so on.. Thus, I think she's finally on earth and took off those alien face implants, just to be more "human" and close to the undifferentiated target group :P I agree that the "lipstick gun" was the highlight of the video, and I think everybody miss those Gaga perverted and weird moments! Thumbs up for it :P
    About the message, I think it's really twisted and no one actually knows the real meaning, coz the video is pretty 'colorful'. But I think that she is implanting new and inverted idea of "our" preachers and saints - representing them as a bunch of cruel and masculine (rock but glam) bikers and riders (hell's angels maybe? - the famous criminal gang of bikers)?? By which she is seriously undermining the traditional perception of the apostles and the whole history of the religion - a fact that should make the church seriously consider to freak out! :P

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hhhh, koj drug, ako ne ti so vakvi komentari! Me za4uduva6 u posledno vreme... :D :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. atheist don't like it

    ReplyDelete