19 May 2011

Beyonce - Run the world (Girls) Video

LetZzz comment Beyonce's video for "Run the world (Girls)"!
She was working really hard to make this album come to the end. Few days ago I read that she got prepared 72 songs for the new album!!! After getting herself in a position where she couldn't choose which one to go on the new album, she gave the honor to "Columbia records" to make that decision. What I can't get clear here is why having "Run the world" as an album promoting single?
She was already criticized for making a feminist's song, which would probably be a hit for only a small part of her previous target. I mean, what man (straight) would sing that girls run the world? :D The song itself is in the "nothing special" category, especially now when strong pop rhythms "rule the stage", mostly promoted by Lady Gaga, Rihanna and even the "come-backer" Jennifer Lopez.
LetZzz comment the video a little bit. Even though the team is quite amazing, I'm not impressed! :/ The entire thing is kinda weird. The story is absent or not understandable if there is any. Many of the scenes remind me of "The tribe" (TV show for teens I already wrote about)! The costumes... hmmm... some of them are Lady Gaga- look-a-like, some of them are Rihanna- look-a-like and some even remind me of J.Lo and Katy Perry! :/
The dancing is quite remarkable, but, also way to overemphasized! We all know that B. can dance, we needed to see something new and fresh. Some of the scenes are boring, while others are very eye catching. Also, even though I'm guy I think that there is too much sex in the video. It's all about sex, or about the girls running the world? :)
To sum up. I never really liked B's videos in total. However, I think that from every point (musical, art, directorial, fashion and the most important - marketing) she could have done much much better! I expected more! She had a lot of fans and I'm sure that the album would go well, but this video... we'll have to how the Americans will like it! :/
Do you like it? What are your commentZzz?
For those who still haven't seen it, here's a YouTube link: Beyonce - Run the world (Girls)

1 comment:

  1. First of all, I'm really glad that this article is written in negative connotation - I simply love negative critics, it's much more difficult to write it but it's more appreciated :P (and you know me, I simply love to say bad things :P )
    I think that the most negative thing from this "package" (her, the song, the video, the marketing) it's definitely the SONG!! Not the lyrics or the contents, but the rhythm!!! Although it's all based on rhythm, I feel like something's missing! The music is not completed - it's formed only by bunch drums and a little bit acapella - which is sooooo 2003 (you even have a feeling that Missy Eliot will pop out of somewhere with those CORNS :P)! With this song she's getting back to her old career (rnb based), and we all thought that that genre (traditionally used) finally is left over in the past.
    Honestly I expected much more from this song: when you first see the introduction (or the teaser) of the video you can't wait to hear the crazy mind-fucking rhythm to begin (something like Gaga and Rihanna mixed together - but with "B" rnb touch on it). And what happened? Another feminist boring and ear-blowing rapping came out! Soo disappointing ://
    The video I think it's okay - but it's too much modern with Gaga bizarreness for that sooo predictable song!
    But whooo knows?!!?
    I thought that "Why Don't You Love Me" was a failure of epic dimensions of the year; but look what happened - it turned ON most of the fancy girls (even became a trend-setting video for copy-cats and wannabes and made popular the auto-destructiveness as an (sexy) appeal -> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6IpkMFScKT0 haha)

    So, we will wait and see. But one thing is for sure: the loyal B fans bill "buy it"! and of course.. the dark skinned female population in America will love it! :P

    ReplyDelete