10 March 2011

127 Hours

LetZzz comment about "127 Hours"
When I decided to watch this movie I didn't thought that I would like it so much. But I did. It'a a psychological trip through impressive real-life story of a mountain climber Aron Ralston.
The story it self, is quite impressive and makes you wonder what would you do if you were there ... at his place. The end is remarkable and the fact that "something" happened the last day, something that make him amputee his own arm in a way to live, made me ask myself a lot of questions. "The child" that is supposed to be his unborn son (in real life Aron had a son few years after) as part of the hallucinations caused by dehydration is just another subject of discussion. However the whole story can be compared to Jigsaw's theory about human beings, which says that it's about the mind... the body is just the materialization we need.
About the Academy Awards and this movie I can say that it had 6 nominations ... and that's it. No Oscars for this movie. :/
"127 Hours" was nominated in the following categories:
- Best picture
- Actor in leading role (James Franco)
- Film editing (Jon Harris)
- Music [Original Score] - (A. R. Rahman)
- Music [Original Song] - ("If I rise")
- Writing [Adapted Screenplay] - (Danny Boyle & Simon Beaufoy)
So let's just give a brief of what I think was fair or not. The director of the movie Danny Boyle was winner in 2008 with, what i thought was a silly movie - "Slumdog Millionaire". So the Academy was not going to give him award even if he really deserved it. It takes time until he can be that lucky. Academy's unwritten policy, what can we do about it? :D
James Franco was pretty good in the role of Aron Ralston and they even look alike (maybe not on the first picture, but in the last shot of the movie they sure did). However, Colin Firth was way better so, it's fair in here. The Academy gave him the main male hosting role. That makes it even more fair. :P

About the "Film editing" nomination, I wasn't really sure what happened. With "Black Swan", "The King's Speech", "The Fighter" and "127 Hours" nominated, the "golden boy" was taken by the team of "Social Network". Confusing, isn't it? Or it was just a calculation? :/
If the previous category had the "worst" winner, in the music categories "127 Hours" had it. It's impossible not to notice the wonderful job A. R. Rahman has made. I love the music!!! However "The Social Network" and "Toy Story 3" were the winners. :'C
The last category "127 Hours" was nominated, the adaption of the screenplay, is something I'm not really close to, but I know that every single shot was there because it was suppose to. I liked it! But I believe I'm not competent to say anything else.
And all these comment for what? To make you watch it!!! IT'S WORTH IT, trust me! You won't really feel pleasant while watching it, but you'll love the end. Pay attention to the desert landscapes in the beginning ... ahh... I hate deserts, I must admit, but after those shots I felt like I wanted to be there... of course until he got sticked! :P 
Waiting for your commentZzz! :D
P.S. I haven't given the whole plot purposely! >:-D

No comments:

Post a Comment